December. It’s finally here. Cue me running round the house like Buddy the Elf in the revolving door.
Christmas is my favourite time of year. Especially this year as we are going away skiing for the first time and staying in a magical chalet in France. It’s also our last Christmas at home with our families before we move in to our first ever house together!
I’ve been wanting to take part in blogmas for ages, I did vlogmas over on my YouTube channel a few years back but it was a failed attempt!
The thought of writing a new blog post every day is very daunting and I’m not going to beat myself up over it if I can’t do it. However, I’m willing to try. If this turns out to be a big flump then excuse me.
So the 1st of December has been spent, for me, picking out paint colours for our first house and doing some last bits of Christmas shopping done before the mad rush begins. A relatively normal day but since writing this post I’m feeling even more Christmassy than ever!
I thought I would come up with simple things you can pop on your bucket list on the run up to Christmas, similar to one I did a few months ago for my Autumn Bucket List. It’s a great reference for if you’re feeling out of the spirit and want some cheap and simple ideas to get you back in the mood again.
- Go to a Christmas Market – these are always so great to find really unique presents and, even if you don’t need/want to get any pressies yet, it really makes you feel so festive and you can smell all the spices and cosy smells like cinnamon and mulled wine. It’s my number one go-to for feeling festive!
- Bake something! – My go-to treat to bake in the winter is some lovely cinnamon buns, who knows I may even give you the recipe during blogmas 😉
- Go to a carol service – whether you’re religious or not this always makes me feel so peaceful and Christmassy. Pop down to your local church to see when their carol services are running.
- Christmas movie marathon! – I recently saw a post on facebook about a Christmas movie advent, watching a new Christmas movie every night in the lead up to Christmas, saving your absolute fave for last.
- Go buy a festive candle – nothing is better than making your home or room smell like Christmas spices!
- Pimp your hot chocolate – I mean go all out, whipped cream, marshmallows, cinnamon, vanilla the lot.
- Find a log fire to curl up to – If you don’t have one, pop a video of one on your TV and light some candles and dim the lights. Get cosy and listen to Christmas tunes or find your loved one and have a cosy evening in.
- Pick out a Christmas tree and decorate it – nothing is more festive than going to a garden centre or Christmas tree farm and picking your favourite tree then decorating it. If you have an artificial tree, why not make the swap for a more sustainable tree and go natural this year!
- Grab some mistletoe – even if you don’t have an other half, this is a good way to find one 😉 In all seriousness though, grab some mistletoe and, if you want to, go and ask someone and use the good old phrase ‘go on, it’s Christmas’. Your friends can take part with you too! Doesn’t all have to be about romantic love!
- Make some mulled wine/cider – is there even a more festive thing than sitting in front of the fire, mulled wine or cider in hand that you’ve made yourself with the whole house smelling of it and getting nice and cosy? The answer is no.
Those are my top 10! What do you have on your Christmas Bucket list?