We all love a good hot chocolate, right? And it’s not winter or Christmas without one really is it?
I love pimping my hot chocolate out and I’ve managed to find ways to make the ultimate super thick hot chocolate. It’s basically melted chocolate and super rich – so be warned, you may want to share it out with friends and family!
You will need:
2 tsp cornstarch or cornflower
1 cup/ around 2 packets+of chocolate chips (can use white, milk or dark depending on your preference!)
- Melt the butter over a medium heat until fully melted and slightly bubbling.
- Add the cornstarch and mix until it forms a thick paste (you can add more if needed)
- Slowly add the milk and turn the heat up to medium/high. Stir constantly until the liquid thickens
- Add in the chocolate chips a bit at a time, stir until fully combined
- Let it cool slightly (it will be very hot) and serve in your favourite mug.
This is my favourite go-to recipe if I want a slightly more indulgent hot chocolate. I think this is enough on its own without all the added toppings but it’s completely up to you! I only ever drink about 1-2 ladles worth of it because of the richness, but it works a treat when you’re having one of those chocolate craving days!
How do you like your hot chocolate?
Check out the rest of Blogmas:
DAY ONE – Christmas Bucket List